Saturday, March 15, 2008

Old is gold?

Today I thought
I'd be narcissus.

Read my own lines
To slake the thirst

To read a decent word or two
That wasn't asking me to

Politely take some urgent action
To expedite some interaction,

Or ask some party to
Fulfill a clause they agreed to..

Even as my feeble words satisfy the drought
I am troubled by this peculiar thought

"Each line I write today
Seems duller than the one I wrote yesterday

Was I better at words earlier?
Or tis Posterity that makes it so appear?"

5 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, March 15, 2008, Blogger Saee said...

Just like a pen, when not in use
Needs to get used to ink
And the smooth notebook complains
Of the discomfort from its stubble :)
Like hinges need grease
And silver needs polish
A poet needs a little dose
Of inspiration
Everyday. :)
Get inspired more often. :D

 
At 2:15 PM, March 17, 2008, Blogger Epiphany said...

Don't be so hard on yourself dude! there is nothing dull about this post!

 
At 4:39 PM, April 02, 2008, Blogger love and squalor said...

neither your words nor the cobwebs on your blog, it's jus you tryin hard to be a lil too perfect, methinks.

 
At 11:11 AM, September 02, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Long time no post... hw r u .. Hope alls well.

 
At 10:29 AM, October 12, 2008, Blogger SwB said...

hope all is well bro.

best,
SwB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Performancing